2021 CIL $10,000 CASH COMPETITION CONDITIONS
- This competition ("Competition") is conducted by AAI Limited, ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as CIL Insurance ("the Promoter"), of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, ph 1800 112 481. Please direct any postal correspondence to Suite 8, 5 Bay Street, Port Melbourne VIC 3207.
- All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
- The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are Australian residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry; and (ii) are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter, or its related companies, its agencies, or other companies associated with, or benefiting from, the Competition ("Eligible Entrant").
- Competition entry commences at 9.00am on 9 March 2021 and closes on 30 June 2021 ("Entry Period"). Except as otherwise stated, all times are Melbourne time.
- In these conditions:
"Competition Website" means https://www.cilquote.com.au/;
"Eligible Insurance Quote" means a quote for a CIL Insurance Policy;
"Eligible Insurance Policy" means a CIL Insurance Policy.
- To enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period:
- Visit the Competition Website, apply for and receive an Eligible Insurance Quote from the Promoter and ‘opt-in' to receive further CIL Insurance marketing communications. The Promoter's normal underwriting criteria apply. An Eligible Entrant will receive one (1) entry for each risk quoted on the Eligible Insurance Quote (for the avoidance of doubt one entry will be awarded per caravan, motorhome, camper trailer or other recreational vehicle). An Eligible Insurance Quote will not be received immediately upon providing details but the Promoter will endeavour to provide an Eligible Insurance Quote within seven (7) business days of receiving all relevant information. An Eligible Entrant has entered the Competition only after the Eligible Insurance Quote has been issued by the Promoter. It will not be possible to apply for an Eligible Insurance Quote via the Competition Website after 25 June 2021. This is to allow enough time for the Promoter's representatives to contact entrants who have requested an insurance quote online and issue them with an Eligible Insurance Quote; or
- Call the Promoter on 1800 112 481 and obtain an Eligible Insurance Quote and ‘opt-in' to receive further CIL Insurance marketing communications. The Promoter's normal underwriting criteria apply. The Eligible Entrant must provide all details required by the Promoter. An Eligible Entrant will receive one (1) entry for each risk quoted on the Eligible Insurance Quote (for the avoidance of doubt one entry will be awarded per caravan, motorhome, camper trailer or other recreational vehicle); or
- Visit the Promoter at an event, apply for and receive an Eligible Insurance Quote and ‘opt-in' to receive further CIL Insurance marketing communications. The Promoter's normal underwriting criteria apply. The Eligible Entrant must provide all details required by the Promoter. An Eligible Entrant will receive one (1) entry for each risk quoted on the Eligible Insurance Quote (for the avoidance of doubt one entry will be awarded per caravan, motorhome, camper trailer or other recreational vehicle). An Eligible Insurance Quote will not be received immediately upon providing details but the Promoter will endeavour to provide an Eligible Insurance Quote within seven (7) business days of receiving all relevant information. An Eligible Entrant has entered the Competition only after the Eligible Insurance Quote has been issued by the Promoter; or
- Purchase a new Eligible Insurance Policy. An Eligible Entrant will receive three (3) entries for each policy insured under the new Eligible Insurance Policy. The Promoter's normal underwriting criteria apply. The entry/ies will be forfeited where an Eligible Insurance Policy is cancelled prior to the draw date, pursuant to clause 16.
- An Eligible Entrant will receive one (1) additional entry if they provide an email address when obtaining an Eligible Insurance Quote. In respect to an entry received in Condition 6, an Eligible Entrant will only receive one (1) additional entry per person. Subsequent Eligible Insurance Quotes or new Eligible Insurance Policies by the same Eligible Entrant will not result in additional entries. An existing customer of the Promoter will not receive any additional entries pursuant to this sub-clause for providing an email address when renewing an existing insurance policy.
- An Eligible Entrant will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Competition if they hold a fully paid fully paid new or existing Eligible Insurance Policy at the conclusion of the competition (30 June 2021) and they have not opted out of receiving CIL Insurance marketing communications.
- In respect of entries received via Eligible Insurance Quotes, an Eligible Entrant will only receive one entry for obtaining multiple insurance quotes for the same risk.
- It is a condition of entry that Eligible Entrants consent to receive CIL Insurance marketing communications and do not opt out at the time of the draw.
- Insurance is issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 AFSL 230859 trading as CIL Insurance. Read the Product Disclosure Statement before buying insurance. Contact the Promoter for a copy.
- Any Eligible Entrant who the Promoter automatically enters into the Competition in accordance with condition 8 who wishes to not participate in the Competition can email email@example.com and request for their entry to be removed from the draw.
- Entrants may only enter the Competition in their own name. Multiple entries are permitted, but each entry must comply with these conditions.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 6, 7 and 8 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
- Cost of entry via the internet is free, but internet connection and usage rates may apply. Eligible Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers.
- The Promoter is not responsible if your mobile device, desktop computer or similar electronic device is not sufficiently capable for the purpose of submitting an entry.
- Eligible Entrants must submit their internet entry manually. The Promoter may reject internet entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant's identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter's discretion.
DRAW AND PRIZE(S)
- All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be entered into the prize draw. The random prize draw will be held at 12.00pm on 16 July 2021 at Engage Interactive, 24 Washpool Crescent, Woongarrah, NSW 2259.
- There is one prize to be won. The first valid entry randomly drawn will win the prize. The prize is $10,000 Cash, transferred to the prize winner by EFT upon notification of account details. The Promoter may draw reserve entries in a prize draw and record them in order to use in the instance an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn, or if a prize is not claimed in accordance with these Competition terms ("Reserve Entries")
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE(S) GENERALLY
- The total prize pool is valued at $10,000 AUD including GST. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize's value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
- Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner.
- If the prize is won jointly (for example, in the case of joint policyholders), the joint prize winners must nominate one account to receive the EFT transfer.
- No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
- If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
- Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter's discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
- The winner(s) will be notified within 2 days of the draw by a phone call and email, using the details provided in their entry.
- The prize notification will include instructions as to how the winner is to claim their prize.
- The prize(s) will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
- The name of the winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published at the Competition Website on 21 July 2021 for a minimum period of 28 days.
- The name of the winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published in The Australian newspaper on 23 July 2021.
- Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner on or before 24 October 2021; or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to either to another Eligible Entrant from the list of Reserve Entries, or, if required, to another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants and will take place at 12.00pm on 25 October 2021 at the same location as the original draw, with any unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn in descending order of value (if applicable). The name of any resulting reserve winner(s) or redrawn winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published on the Competition Website and in The Australian newspaper on 29 October 2021. If the prize remains un-won at the end of this Competition, or if a prize winner cannot be found, that information will be published on the Competition Website on 4 November 2021.
- Any resulting reserve winner(s) or redraw prize winner(s) will be notified within 2 days of the redraw by a phone call and email using the details provided in their entry.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
- If any dispute arises between you and the Promoter concerning the conduct of this promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will take reasonable steps to consider your point of view, taking into account any facts or evidence you put forward, and to respond to it fairly within a reasonable time. All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no further correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- The winner(s) must, at the Promoter's request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning a prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
- Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability in relation to this Competition, and acknowledges that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
- Entrants' personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner(s). The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will disclose a winner's first initial, surname and State/Territory of residence to The Australian newspaper for publication. The winner's name will also be published on the Competition Website. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
- If an entrant has marked the "opt-in" box on the entry form, the entrant also consents to the retention of their personal information so that the Promoter and any related companies that use the CIL brand ("we"/"us") may use this information from time to time to let the entrant know about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants' personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Entrants may unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time using information contained in a marketing message or by making a request during a telephone call.
- Entry into the Competition also entitles the Promoter and any related companies that use the CIL brand ("we"/"us") to let the Eligible Entrant know from time to time about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants' personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Each Eligible Entrant agrees that they must provide and/or maintain their consent to receive such marketing communications and not opt out of receiving such communications during the Entry Period.
- Competition permit numbers ACT TP 21/0231, SA T21/220.